At Novelli we help our customers get the most out of their marketing, through accelerating brand love, sales and customer engagement. What sets up apart is our process, it’s more than branded merchandise. We unite marketing, creativity and sales through a proven methodology that delivers measurable outcomes. We’re a novel bunch and offer a great team environment that provides constant learning, new experiences and where contribution is encouraged and recognised.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to work alongside our Global Sales Manager and Key Account Managers (KAM). You will be responsible for strategically targeting and engaging with our ideal prospects to open opportunities, qualify and scope the project, commercialise it and prepare a pitch to present and enable mutual outcomes where an order confirmation occurs. We encourage accountability and ownership!
What the day job will look like
- Our Clients rely on Novelli for its proactive approach, you will create strategic account management plans and use theses as your base to grow new business.
- In this role you will need to be ok to just pick up the phone and cold call someone, or you are ok with putting together a video to send to a new client
- You will need to know how to research people and companies effectivity to give you a good overall picture prior to a conversation.
- In this role you will join client meetings, take notes and be responsible for following through on tasks
- You will be encouraged to join ideation meetings and support our team to come up with creative, relevant but out of the box solutions for our customers
- You will be required to understand our customer journey and follow this process to ensure excellent customer experience
- Forecasting and planning, including keeping our CRM updated
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in BDM, B2B sales/, project management or a CRM role – you enjoy being around people to not only listen and learn but share your experience & knowledge
- You should be naturally curious, keen to understand how businesses operate and what drives consumers to make the choices they make
- Excellent verbal and written skills and be proficient dealing with numbers
- You should be a good listener and keen to explore alternative perspectives
- You will likely be a good continual-learner with a desire for career development
- You will be capable of prioritising and managing your time effectively and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and client-centric environment
- You love networking and get very motivated by onboarding new Business (New Logos)
This role is based in Chicago but you will be required to travel from time to time and work with clients across USA (East/Mid-West)
Novelli is committed to creating a workplace environment that supports employees in balancing their work, personal and family commitments. We recognise that today’s workforce has many responsibilities and personal goals that must be accommodated around work responsibilities.
Constant learning is essential in our business and we expect our team to allocate paid working time to this each week.
Why should you apply?
- We are a rapidly growing business creating a unique position in the market. This role is the starting point, where you take the role over time is up to you
- We provide an open environment with no politics, based on strong communication and an interest in understanding other’s perspectives. You will be heard, expected to contribute, and recognised
- Our work environment is challenging, continually different and you will experience growth as a result
To apply for this role submit your CV and a cover letter including the answers to the following questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Business Development Manager?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Sales Account Manager?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Sound like you?
Submit your application and we will be in contact
with you shortly.